Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Probably just a vent.....

I am so freaking pissed!!! My DH's ex hasn't allowed us to see the kids for 2 years now. Ignored phone calls, changed her number, moved, ignored emails, etc. I finally found her online again and emailed her. Her response was that my DH told her I didn't treat her kids right and they have a new family now with her BF. WTF????? Her BF went to jail last year for beating the crap out of her. I saw it in the paper and everything. She said she is only thinking of her kids by not allowing them to see their father, brothers, and this whole other half of their family. What ? How is that thinking of your kids? I asked my DH and he said she is just trying to cause problems and he never said anything like that. She started not letting us see the kids when her and her BF got together. The kids told us on a visit that they are not allowed to call my DH "Dad" anymore or they get in trouble, and if they don't call the BF "Dad" they get in trouble, and if they say they love their dad they get in trouble. Last time we went to pick them up the BF threatened to kill my DH if he didn't leave and the mom said they were making their own family. We tried to call the cops and they said it was "he said she said" and wouldn't do anything. Then the Mom said to just back off for a little bit until her BF got comfortable, then never let us see them again. We tried to call the cops many times to enforce the court ordered parenting time but they would not help because we were not "the custodial parent". I love those kids and treated them like my own. They are VERY missed. I have cried myself to sleep many nights missing them. I saw my stepdaughter in town once and when I said hi the Mom told her not to talk to me. It is so sad.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • I agree that you should take her to court. If the kids are old enough, they can decide who they want to live with.

    Answer by dancinintherain at 9:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Go to court and force her to let your DH see his kids.

    Answer by louise2 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Take that 'b' word to court!!! She can get in trouble for violating visitation that's set by the judge. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Hoping you and hubby get to see the kids soon.

    Answer by Nanixh at 9:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • U need to get some video or recordings of how they talk and treat you both. They are right about court. But one thing to remember. They can only hold on until they are 18. You can hire someone to invistagate to see if the kids are being treated well and taken care of. You have to have things on paper or a video, so its not just a "He said, she said" situation. The judge only listens to what they see! Maybe you can have some friends help you get the needed information. Normally, I'm not one to pry, but in this case I think the children's welfare may be at stake. Plz, don't stop seeking them out, letting them know you do love them. Plz try to get some help. Ask ggl on line for someone who knows about these kind of cases and see if they can help you. If I could, I'd come help! Since I am ill, i can only write. But if there is something from the computer you need help with contact me! Pray'n 4 u all...

    Answer by WalknWithGod at 10:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • your DH has the be the one to take her to court and file a motion for contempt unless your on the court order visitation then its up to your DH! don't give up keep trying and do it all the legal way that way if and when you go back to court you come out looking good!

    Answer by mom2eas at 11:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Her BF probably wants her and her children not to have any contact with the family at all. Sometimes when people are in abusive relationships, they don't want the person who is being abused to have any contact with anyone. They usually use this for control so nobody really knows what's going on inside of their home. Sometimes they threaten to hurt people if they do. It's sad, but it does happen.

    If there is a court record of the time that he was put in jail for abuse, take it to a lawyer and let them see it and address your concerns about the children. Your husband would have to do this. Also take the visitation agreement also and let him be aware what it's supposed to be. Then they should be able to tell you what your options are.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

  • Sounds like she's violating a court order. Get a lawyer to look into it for you and your husband.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 2:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.