How much work is cloth diapering!

lil_mom2010

Asked by lil_mom2010 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• You have to soak them. Then wash and dry them.

Answer by louise2 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• its just a lot of extra laundry. The diapering itself can be very easy depending on what kind of diapers you choose to use.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• When you have twins and live in an apartment without washer/dryer connections - to much.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Many kinds now you don't soak. As soon as mine arrive, I'll be switching both babies to cloth
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If you are talking about the cloth with the safety pins, heck no. They are a lot of work.

They now make ones that are like snap on with liners.  you just dispose of the liner and reuse the outside.  I plan on using them with my next.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I highly suggest u get at least 2 doz! N practice EC'ing
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Get yourself into a routine and then it isn't too bad. Once I was in a good routine, I felt like it wasn't any extra work.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It is a couple extra loads of laundry each week, that's it. You don't need to soak them. I love my cloth dupes, have used them on all 3 kids!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't soak mine. It's a bit more laundry but it's not that bad. It's not like I'm hand washing them. I throw them in the washer and go about my day. The only part that sucks is poops now that she eats solid food. If I can't just shake it into the toilet I will rinse it in the toilet, wring it out, and put it in the diaper pail. But it's really not that bad. I have a pair of gloves specifically for that.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's great to have diaper service, not too bad if you have a washer and dryer, requires dedication if you have to take your laundy somewhere to wash. There are liners you can use that look a little like fabric softener sheets that have been through the dryer that you can put in the diaper. You hold the diaper over the toilet and the liner and poop all falls in the toilet. My kids were always breastfed until potty trained and didn't have bad stools. I hate how my grandson's disposable diapers smell. I think cloth smell much better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010