I just caught a towel on fire!!!

I HATE electric stoves more than anything in this world!!

I had a towel on the stove, folded and placed nicely. I was cooking rice, so I just had the spoon resting on it. Well, I was wondering why the rice wouldn't cook!! When I turned off the burner to remove the pot, I turned back on the wrong one when I replaced it. Towel was on the front burner and the top was ontop of it.

I'm surprised the FD isn't here yet!!

anyone else done something stupid like this before?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• Yes. I just melted my plastic strainer on mine. i have and electric flat stove top. Turned off the burner and the burner was still hot. and layed the strainer down. Was wondering why I was smelling platic melting.

Answer by louise2 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Oh Lord Yes! My mom was always doing something like that. She put a pot on to boil for tea and forgot about it. The pot melted to the stove top. And she set the microwave on fire trying to make a baked potato. She didn't know not to wrap in foil. LOL
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Induction cooktop. You can actually place a piece of paper between the eye and the pot and it won't burn. It will get warm, but not burn. It works using magnetic principals.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i don't know if i should laugh or be shocked but omw... how in the world... you need to be careful you can burn yourself next time.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I caught a pan on fire (well, the oil in it) because I had turned on the wrong burner like an idiot. oops.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2010