What can I do for two boys that are going stir crazy!

I know you know its school break and we're down to the last few days. they are bored with their toys and are playing with my last nerve string? its snowing and 21 below zero. No chance of leaving home. (for me or them) HELP!!!!

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 10:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try an inside scavenger hunt or treasure hunt. If you have candy from the holidays hide it and leave them clues as to where to find it, each clue leading to the next, and make it as complicated as you can without risking them getting frusturated and giving up. If you have friends or family that wouldn't mind getting involved one of the clues can be their number and they have the next clue to tell the kids. Make the clues riddles that they will have to solve for a little extra thinking on their parts.
    Sunny_Nightz

Answer by Sunny_Nightz at 10:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Forts
    Baking cookies
    Helping with dinner
    Have them play "restaurant"
    If you have a big box empty box, flatten it and use it to draw a "city" on it where they can drive their toy cars
    Have them sled down the stairs (lol, ok maybe not!)
    Drawing or crafts
    Fingerpaint with pudding on cookie sheets
    Buy some heavy cream and have them make homemade butter (totally cool!)
    Have them put on a play for you and other family members
    Anonymous

• its snowing....it below freezing..... bring the snow inside!!!!!!!!!!. when it is freezing cold out (and snowing) I bring the snow in ( I just get 6-9 full snow shovel) and fill up the bath tub I throw in some cars and trucks and other sandbox type toys. Give my son some mittens or gloves and tell him to have fun!! the snow melts down the drain. If you will the tub up full enough the snow will last all day long. I think I have pics of my son playing in the snow in the tub on my CM homepage
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Baking, make snowflakes out of paper and put them all over the house, have them help you clean, play cards or board games, make playdough, play hide and seek, watch videos, have a treasure hunt, paint, make thank you cards for gifts from family and friends, draw pictures for friends.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010