Really? It is because of ME, that he isnt a good dad ...

I got a very long email from my ex's new girlfriend ( well not really new, they have been together for 3 years and she is 7 months pregnant with their 3rd ! )...

It basically said how I am an aful mom based on the fact that I WONT LET his bio. dad be in my son's life....

My son is 6 years old.. his bio father hasnt really been around since he was 10 months old... He had 2 visits with him and that was it ... no child support, no phone calls, no nothing...

When he was 3 I decided enough was enough I filed for full custody and got it ( he didnt even show up to court) ..... before that I would have LOVED for him to have a relationship with his son, but then I realized that letting him come and go in and out of my sons life was doing more harm than good .

And now I have this woman who is having her 3rd child with him and is happy being called " just his babies momma" ( her facebook says this), they live in the "welfare apts" , barely making it, and her drug dealer brother lives with them... and yet the " enviroment I have him living in is going to mess him up" ... I am not sure what she meant by that because he, his little sister, my husband and I live in a large brand new house in a great neighborhood, my husband is an excellent father to him ( he is even his t-ball coach), we have family values and good morals... but yet it is better for him to be with someone who never even fought to have visitation with him...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• block them so they cant e-mail you any more. Of course its all your fault, she has to play his game doesnt she?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think she needs to stay out of it, you have done nothing wrong!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would copy everything you wrote here & message it back to her & then block her email after you hit the send button.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would just delete the email and go on with my life. How'd she get your email anyway? She has probably been fed lies by your ex.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Oh and before you delete it tag it as spam so you won't hear from her again.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• ignore her but first, ask how they would make it if he had to pay child support on the boy, cause if he was in this life, he would have to
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It sounds like he didn't plan on being a part of your son's life. He probably told her that you kept him away from his son and that was the reason behind it. She just doesn't know the truth of the matter. She needs to be told that he made that choice, not you.

As far as the living environment goes, obviously she's screwed in the head. The environment that they are living in is far worse than she realizes. If they are living with druggies, those children may be taken away at some point. Your son is much better off with you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Hard to judge without his side of the story.
    If you are in fact keeping Dad out of it physically, then that would be a bad thing, yes, but again, don't have both sides or know enough about the whole picture.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• First why are you receiving emails from this person? Second why do you care?
    How does comparing your self to them help you? Really what I mean is why does it matter what they think? Or what she thinks?
    Do you really value her input? If you do then call her up meet with her for lunch and tell her your side, if you don't really care block her, unfriend any thing having to do with her. And move on with your life.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I would reply with if bio dad would like to discuss this my attorney's number is ......
    FLmomma2be

Answer by FLmomma2be at 4:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2010