Where do you get your information from??

Since I was recently raked over the coals in this forum for insinuating that statistics and facts handed to us by the media are typically skewed, vague and altered to get a point across it got me thinking...

Most of you are intelligent and somewhat educated. So where do you get your "facts"? Who do you trust in the media pipeline? 

And do tell what your thoughts are on Snopes...  Just for sidebar entertainment!!

popcorn

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I check with several different news sites to see if the info matches. I, for one, happen to agree that stats and the like are skewed by the media (news and the rest) to fit whatever side they happen to support. They are NOT neutral.

I love snopes.com!! Unfortunately for many of my friends and family because I use it quite often to shoot down those stupid emails that people like to send.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I read everything. AP, yahoo, huffpo, fox, you name it. I follow the house, senate, etc on twitter... I count every single piece of info as opinion till I've backed it up somehow.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm all over the place too...Wall Street Journal, Investors Business Daily, CNN, Fox, New York Times, and *gasp* Bloggers--who BACKTRACK to long standing reliable sources. My favorite journalists are Jonah Goldberg and George Will--but there are others I find to be equally "up there!"

As for Snopes....LOL...they are HIGHLY LIBERAL--when it comes politics that is, the owners of the site David and Barbara Mikkelson are as liberal as other left-leaning media outlets--even though Barbara is Canadian! I can believe most of their NON-POLITICAL debunking though--but that's primarily "entertainment" driven and doesn't affect our lives on a grand scale so, in that regard they're an acceptable source.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Well, if the media gives us the facts, I can turn on my computer and check those numbers, names, dates, or anything else. I may be pointed in a direction, but then I check it out. If I don't recognize a source, I check that out. I find out who supports the source and if it has a mission statement. It is called research.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Associated Press, Reuters, City News Service for my local info. I like snopes and procon.org.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Most of mine comes from AP, Armytimes and Leavenworth local paper usually
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• CNN Yahoo. and occasionally Fox.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Wikileaks, truth.org
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 10:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• BBC and its websites, CNN, New York Times, The Guardian and the Globe & Mail are the main sources.but I use others too.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2010