How Long?

How soon do you think to soon is to have another baby my daughter is 3 months old but i really want another one!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It depends when you and your DH are ready. My older two are a year and eight days apart and there's three years between my oldest and youngest daughter.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• im 30wks pregnant with number 3. My first to are 17m apart and this baby will be 12m younger then her sister. It is already hard. But she wasnt planned.
    But like the PP said it depends on the person and what you can handle but if you think you are ready then go for it..
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i was preg again when my son was 3 mo old. i was on bc and still got preg. so my kids are 11.5 mo apart. i would do it in aheartbeat again. they are almost 5 and 6 and it is wonderful. but you will get alot of people to tell you to wait.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 8:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm the type that would say wait. But all depends on you and your hubby, and if you feel that you can take the responsability. I'm going to start working on my second one soon, and my son is alraedy four, he is going to be 5, if God bless us with a second child.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 9:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• well...i knew a woman that got pregnant just a month after she had her baby. Honestly, i thought it was WAY too soon because she could just barely take care of her first one..but hey, if shes ready then shes ready. If your financially ready, and ready for everything else..GO FOR IT =]
    Anonymous

• No one can really give you a definitive answer except you and your spouse. :) It's your decision and only you guys know when the time is right! The only advice I would give is that it's best to give your body longer than 3 months to recover before trying to get pregnant again.
    Anonymous

• they say u should wait 6 months after having a baby because ur body is still recovering and needs to get nutritional stores back up... it will be really hard on ur body to get pregnant again so soon. i know ppl with kids really close together like that and i think its just like having twins u have twice the work but twice the blessings. i personally want to wait until my son is like 2 or 3 before having another one because i want him to be old enough to not need so much supervision so u can focus on the baby without worrying so much but thats just me if u can handle 2 go for it!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• As much as I loved being pregnant and as easy as motherhood has been for me, I plan on waiting quite awhile, even though I can't wait to do it again. I want to be able to give the next baby as much as possible physically, emotionally, and financially. I can't do that if my body hasn't had time to recover fully, or if I haven't been able to work long enough to put more money aside to cover things like bed rest or extra hospital time, should we need it. Also, I'm breastfeeding, and want to do so for a year. I don't want either of my children to suffer nutritionally, so I'm at LEAST waiting until #1 is weaned before I try to grow another one. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2008