custody question

ok so after i win my full custody after filing for it n the dad not responding, if he opens a case of his own later on can i lose part of my custody for him to have a part of it ? it dosent make sense bcause he didint respond when he had the chance, n he dosent help me w her, dnt buy her her needs, dnt give me money, or even see her, all he wants is to make my life miserable harrasing me n just simply go against me, he said himself he dosent care for her he just wants to put me thru this for fun

chriskris

Asked by chriskris at 10:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes he can. Unlikely, but it can happen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They will take into account that hi didnt respond last time, however it can happen
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Does he say this to you over the phone? You can recored calls that go through your phone.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If you have proff that he has no part in her life and hasnt and herasment and all that i dought hell b able to change it
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• keep ALL your receipts, and highlight the items that you are purchasing for your DD, file them by month, and have them handy if you do have to go back to court. Keep your rent, electric, water, etc. receipts also.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• He will always have the right for visitation unless he gives up his right legally.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yes it can happen!! happened to me. i was soooo not impressed!! the last 4 years have been hellllll dealing with him!! but now, apparently "hes done"....i hate guys like him! he also told me he was doing this to "get back at me" because i wouldnt have an abortion like he wanted me to!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• yep its dumb. The whole custudy system is crazy weird!
    get a pad and paper and write down the time he calls/comes by and what he says! Keeping a log like this it will help you in court later down the road if you go back
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 12:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• What you pay for doesn't matter and receipts will do no good . In some states it's still common for mothers to have "full custody" and the fathers have visitation and child support orders. You can and should file for child support. It can be ordered without him appearing in court and it can be taken from his pay check. It's your child's right to have that money. The child is still his unless his parental rights are surrendered or taken away. He can go to court at any time to get a visitation order or to ask for joint or full custody. He can even ask for child support from you if he gets joint or full custody. In some states now it is common to give fathers that go to court joint custody.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2010