is it normal to...

crave stuff like chips n ice cream or pickles n ice cream and not be pregnant? cause ive had the weirdest cravings lately esecially today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• Yes. I crave salty/sweet when I am PMSing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• When I'm PMSing, back away from the salty snacks and the chocolate. You will get bitten.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• im not pms-ing though. i just finished my period about 2weeks ago and dont expect it for 2weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i'd say so i crave pickles every now and then out of the blue.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Cravings have nothing to do with pregnancy specifically. They have to do with the body's change in hormones and need for certain vitimins. When your body is asking your for vitimins it sends out signals to the brain and the brain then signals to you that you need to eat. Specific foods that you "Crave" are more things that sound good to you and not soo much your body asking for those specific foods. However, it is your body telling you that it requires more of something. As well in hormones even from your menstral cycle or period you can find that you crave certain foods. Whether it is foods to benefit your body through vitimins, or just a sweet tooth.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, I have always craved bizarre things and NOT while pregnant. lol
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2010