McDonalds adult content

This is a political post.

Curious on what others think of this new website http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp endorsed by McDonalds.

lega2131

Asked by lega2131 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It took me to something that said something about covering your stump beofre you hump and so on.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Maybe I am missing something. What's wrong with it?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I get 404 not found.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Here is a link for those interested- http://www.365black.com/365black/index.jsp

OP, Can you explain why you thought this would be a political post? Maybe I am missing something here but I just don't understand but is wrong with this.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It was a casting call that I saw...Is that what you're talking about???
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You are talking about the posting that says African American community should celebrate achievement 365 days a year, not just black history month and McDonald endorses that idea or something to that effect? My gut reaction was this seems to have a bit of racial/social-economic profiling undertone to it. Then again, maybe they did do a market study and this is simply targeting their audience to generate the all amight yDoLLARS.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Olivia, that is the only thing that I can see that the OP is getting at, but if you go to McDonald's main website they also have other websites such as this one- http://www.myinspirasian.com/.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• JeremysMom: what's "OP"? anyway, I checked out your link.. McDonald covered all their bases.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• uhmmm, okay, this is definitely singling out one race…

"At McDonald's®, we believe that African-American culture and achievement should be celebrated 365 days a year — not just during Black History Month. That's the idea behind 365Black.com. It's a place where you can learn more about education, employment, career advancement and entrepreneurship opportunities, and meet real people whose lives have been touched by McDonald's. Plus, you can also have a chance to win exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. So make sure you visit often — you just might get inspired."

"Like the unique African Baobab tree, which nourishes its community with its leaves and fruit, McDonald's has branched out to the African-American community nourishing it with valuable programs and opportunities."

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Olivia, OP means Original Poster.

Agent Wanda, I would agree IF this was McDonald's main website, but it is not. It is one of many websites that they have.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2010