contraception? adult content

I really need a birth control method that I can stick with...what have u ladies found that helps for u? I tried the pill but kept forgetting to take them, even with an alarm set i would put it off and just forget. Im skeptical about depo b/c i hate needles, Im also skeptical about have something put in me like the iud or the ring... but I kno i need to choose one. My hubby hates using condoms so thats out hahaha...help?? what do u use? what sides effects did u have at 1st (or still have)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• The Depo is horrible for you. . . can cause depression, bone loss, and much more. . google it. .

I hated the IUD .. i had multiple infections and never felt right for me . .

I take the pill and I dislike that too!! (I have a lower sex drive) But I dont want another baby yet. . but it is my best choice . . .. However it can cause blood clots :( So I really think I may go off of it soon ..
    Huntersmom209

Answer by Huntersmom209 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• hunstersmom209 it sound like we r in the same boat lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as you ladies. The pill was a horrible experience for me. I had an IUD put in me wrong that caused me to become anemic from bleeding so much and I had an inflamed cervix. I'm scared of the depo shot after reading horror stories of people gaining weight and blood clots. Condoms are just so damn uncomfortable, it's like humping a balloon animal. I'm actually considering getting my tubes tied just to be done with it. Oh and I'd never get a Nuva ring, too many women getting pregnant on that thing.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• WHen i was on the pill I had it right on the kitchen counter so I would see if first thing in the morning. I think I forgot my pill maybe two times in 6 years or so.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have an IUD, and I'm happy with it. I took the pill for years and years, but I got tired of taking a pill every month. Have you thought about the patch? It might be a better option if you don't want something inside you, but you don't mind the hormones. Depo is a sure way to gain weight and have all sorts of side effects.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I used to be on the pill, but it made me sick and have periods for months at a time. SO I just track my ovulation and use condoms. We hate condoms but thats what works best for us.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010