HELP! I need some good advice trying to lose my baby weight:(

Hi I am really wanting to lose all of this baby weight that I put on when I got pregnant with 2 kids any advice for some real results?

Jangel07

Asked by Jangel07 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

• If you are not breastfeeding, then do the only thing proven to work. Eat less, exercise more. If you are breastfeeding, just eat healthy and stay active, but don't over do it.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• if u have a solution from so let me know. it s been one year now i didn t lose one once. i have to admit that i dont try. im BF so im always hungry. i had a c section and after 9 months I had a hernia surgery which mean I don t exercise as well:(
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Weight watchers. There are no magic tricks, though... eat less exercise more is really it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• 2 1/2 years still haven't hit pre baby weight yet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If you are nursing, no worries, the weight will go down gradually. Weight from the second pregnancy is harder to lose. I believe breastfeeding requires like extra 500-600 calories a day on top of your normal intake. My second one is 8 months old now, I am about 5-6 lbs to pre-pregnancy weightvs. the first one, I got back in 3 months...nursing + working full-time will do it.... If you are not nursing, my suggestion is stick with lean protein when you eat, i.e. chicken, eggs, less white bread. Don't deprive yourself of food, you'll just eat more at the back-end. I do hear weight watcher really works...my coworkers follow the program STRICTLY and lost 20-40lbs range in 6 months....or all you have to do is wait for both kids to get sick + a sick husband for a week, you'll lose 5-10 lbs in no time.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• it's all about eating right and cutting out the sugar... start out with walking and sit ups so your body doesn't over do it... it took me some time only cause i was to hyped on sugar but now within a year i've lost over 40 lbs and still just have 15 to 20 more lbs to go.... good luck just know you can do it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Plenty of rest, lots of water, eating whole foods, whole grains, very little fat and sugar, lean meats (if you eat meat) and only in moderation, and figure out a way to get 30-60 minutes of excercise in each day if possible.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I've been eating clean (see my journal post to read about eating clean) and working out to lose weight.  I've lost almost 40 lbs so far.  The only way to make weight loss happen, let alone make it permanent, is to go slow, and make permanent changes.  You have to exercise more, cut back on portions, and eat right.  Period.  Crash diets are the WORST thing in the world for you, and they will make you gain back all of the weight and more, because they slow down your metabolism.  Don't even look down that road!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Cut out soda. Drink lots of water. Go for walks.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Less intake then out put. I have been trying for the last year to lose the baby weight, I work out at the YMCA while the kids play, has worked well for me. Also getting ride of the crap in the house, and eating my full servings of fruits and veggies everyday, plenty of water and rest. I am with in 20 lbs of my goal. It is getting harder now so I joined a group training class, my weight is dropping slower but dropping.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2011