wedding planning!

I'm recently engaged and starting to plan the wedding. We've narrowed down the location to two places and we have different opinions on which will be the best option financially. Option A only provides tables and chairs but it is only $380 to rent for the whole day. Option B's price includes gazebo, white tent, up to 225 chairs, both cakes, flowers for the cakes and reception, table linens, a few finger food options, servers, clean-up, and a director if you want it. The price for B is $3500.
We're planning on having around 100 people and its going to be casual. What do you ladies think is the better deal? Option A with the cheap rental fee, but having to piece together everything else, or the package deal with Option B?

brittcw87

Asked by brittcw87 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Congrats to you i hope your wedding comes out beautiful... just have tons of fun.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Not enough data. If option A doesn't include the rest of the package, then you have to find the items you want and get pricing. So start doing your homework on all the rest.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Depends on how much time you need- i planned a birthday party for 80 people.. Catering traditional style food ran me about $350. Plates/napkins/ table clothes another $125- but were cheap yellow/blue paper stuff for a 1st bday. I think nice cloth linens would run more about $500-$600.
    Flowers cost me about $300, but i only bought flowers for my bridal party to carry..
    My cake for my wedding (225 people) Ran about $450.
    I think if you could come up with money the all inclusive would be better.;
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Thanks. I'm pulling for the package option because I think in the end we'll come out cheaper and it sounds like it cuts out a lot of hassle. I've contacted a few caterers and its looking like we're going to be spending between $1300-$2000 for that...plus both cakes...and the alcohol my fiance wants.

I'm already ready to elope :))
    brittcw87

Comment by brittcw87 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You're planning for 100 or you invited 100? I invited about 100 people to my wedding and when I counted up the signatures in my wedding book, I counted maybe two dozen (24) people. We had enough food for 65 people; it was nearly gone by the time our post-wedding photos were done. Plan for a small amount of people, but DOUBLE the food order. People get hungry during a wedding, no matter how short it is. Our ceremony was maybe 30 minutes in length and then they waited an additional 15 minutes or so. You'll end up saving more money by going with Option A and doing everything else yourself. Trust me. My mother wasted too much money on my wedding and it wasn't even impressive. You'll love and take more pride in your wedding if you're more hands on than hands off. You'll also have more wonderful memories together while you BOTH put your wedding together.

Congratulations!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You can still elope! Just invite folks to the reception; you'll save even more money.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Congrads opt B if you got the money
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2010