dark skin women help! make up

what kind of colors would go good on my skin?
eye shadow colors?
lip gloss and lip stick?
how to do a smokey eyes?
thanks

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 8:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i don't know where you live but you should go to a Bare Minerals store and ask them, there makeup is amazing and they are paid to help you with this stuff lol. we used to sell it in a beauty store that i worked at and it's great. it's hard to tell just off of your skin tone though b/c it also depends on things like the color of your eyes, your style, the colors you like/wear, etc..and smokey eyes isn't hard to do IF you have the right brushes- just experiment
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I gotta say Ditto to the Bare Minerals. And, don't be tempted to go with another 'mineral sounding' make-up line, this one is different. The Bare Minerals are also known as Bare Essentials. They sell them at Ulta, Sephora, QVC, and from Bare Essentials boutiques. One container can last you years, because i tgoes so far. Def, go into one of the stores (such as Ulta) where you can get them to show you how to use it (There's a special technique) and which foundation color is right for you. I'm very fair and have a lot of red in my skin. I mix 2 together to get just the right shade for me.
    BTW, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I'm just a believer!
    bobswifeamy

Answer by bobswifeamy at 11:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No need to spend lots of money. Try Avon's Smooth Mineral Foundation in Earth or Nutmeg. Try Green, medium to light brown, and lavender shades of eye shaddow.  For lipstick try some plum or russet shades.  If you go too light on the lips, it won't look natural. For the smokey eye. you want to have use an eye shaddow smudger.  You can use eye liner and/or eye shaddow to blot and smudge under the eye to create the perfect smokey eye.

SleepyAVON

Answer by SleepyAVON at 12:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You can go to www.quixtar.com and find all kinds of ideas for Artistry makeup. I sell it and I can recommend several colors. Just e-mail me here or westrich@charter.net. We have mineral make-up also.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Because we African-Americans come in all shades, it's really hard to answer that question without seeing you in person. Having said that, I would probably steer toward eye shadows in rich plums, dark greens or browns, depending on skin tone and eye color. If you would like more info, pls pm me, I'd be glad to share.:)
    Beautyexpert

Answer by Beautyexpert at 10:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You are welcome to take a free virtual makeover on my website. You can upload your photo play with colors even get the smokey eyes. go to www.marykay.com/pstatewright1
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• GO TO THE MAC COUNTER OR MAC.COM AND THEY'LL PUT TOGETHER SOMETHINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE EVEN IF YOU DON'T BUY ANYTHING YOU COULD PLAY AROUND WITH SOME IDEAS UN TELL YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE. THEY'LL EVEN TELL YOU HOW TO GET THAT SMOKEY EYE YOU WANT
    yaz21206

Answer by yaz21206 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008