How to deal with pregnancy and toddler?

My husband works alot and I'm left alone with the baby alot and trying to deal with the pregnancy?

lmorga006

Asked by lmorga006 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YOU CAN DO IT! I had a 2 year old and being pregnant and of coarse the Army had my husband away from us the whole pregnancy ;) Its hard but just take it one day at a time. Try to enjoy the time you have with just the one child for now. Congrats.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• GET HELP

All the time we pretend people are capable of living and thriving alone is a total lie. Humans are social animals and we NEED the help, support and involvement of others --for coffee, for help with the laundry, for a shoulder to cry on and to just make sure we're real.

Ask. Demand. Make a list. Hire help. Do what it takes, and involve as many other people as you can manage.

People love to help others in ways that are meaningful. Don't be stingy in not letting people feel good about helping.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• make sure you both are taking naps. tired toddler = grouchy mommy tired mommy = grouchy toddler!!!
    ask for help...ask for somebody to take toddler for a few hours. Make sure you get a lot of sleep though...nap at the same time
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Amen to this post...My situation is a little different though. I'm pregnant with a toddler at home as well but I'm on bed rest. DH works all day too. I'm so far from home I don't have support where I'm at but I'll probably be moving back home soon till the summer. I really need help
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• what i hated about being pregnant was changing the poopy diapers :( Gross Gross Gross

You should try having 2 little ones while pregnant! It will get better, after baby is home. I wish mine were that little again...now all they do is scream and fight with each other...but, they love each other when one goes to spend the night at a friends house cause they miss each other. i just had to go pick up my middle daughter cause she missed her younger sister!

((((hugs))))
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I am in the same boat. My son is 20 months old and Im 7 months prego. My fiance works afternoon shift but it takes atleast an hr to get to work so he is gone like 10 hrs a day so only get to spend the morning with us. I have a good support system though, his great aunt lives right down the road n doesnt work so she willingly takes him whenever, plus a few other family members. But half the time I dont bother cause I feel like I can do it all myself but if Im having a terrible day I will call someone. It is very hard esp when he has a day where he wants to be held all day or is cranky cause my hormones are crazy too so I get cranky right along with him n we fight like brother n sister not mother n son! haha I know sounds bad! Just hang in there and remember that if you have someone that can help take advantage of that the days you need it, we all need a break sometime.
    misssababe1128

Answer by misssababe1128 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2010