How do i get my 3yr. old boy to go #2 in the toilet?

ok so my son is 3, he will be 4 january 19th. Im currently 8 months prego and due Jan 1st. I cant seem to get him to poop in the toilet, its always on his undies! i mean hes going to be 4, is that normal?? i just get frustrated because i cant keep bending down to clean his butt!! i need help but i really need help!! if u have any suggestions PLEASE my husband and I will try anything!!

Ms.YaZmIn

Asked by Ms.YaZmIn at 8:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have sert up a poster board and put the weeks and days on it like a calender. When he goes i give him a sticker and he loves it.He knows if he goes to the bathroom then he gets a sticker and at the end of the week when its all filled up he get to pick a place to go or get a toy.Try doing that it has also work with him helping me out and picking up his messes and behavin.Wishing you luck
    tripper1305

Answer by tripper1305 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was having a very hard time with my son who is 3 (sept) not only pooping, but also peeing in his pants after he had been potty trained for a while. After about a week of him having no accidents I bought him a Thomas train. He loves Thomas and friends. And I told him if he pees/poos in his pants I will take it away for at least 2 days. I have only had to do it a couple of times and he got it a month ago.
    kimikylemama

Answer by kimikylemama at 11:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The reward system, as stated by both previous answerers, is definitely a classic. I did little toys/candy for every accident-free day, and at the end of the week, he got a big prize until we had a solid MONTH of no accidents, where he recieved a $20 prize and a certificate that said he was potty trained (came with the potty chair). Additionally, we watched once upon a potty on you tube for a little extra help. I might have bought it if he wasn't already making so much progress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My heart goes out to you. As I was reading this post my FOUR yr old was pooping in a pullup. He will pee on the toilet no problem with hardly any accidents. But when he has to poop he asks for a pull up (I would use diapers since they are cheaper, but pullups are what I have on hand). I give in to him because if I make him sit on the potty he will sit there and cry for an hour and not go. He can hold it in for a long time and it just makes it harder on him to go when he can't hold it any longer. I'm hoping that eventually he will give up the pullup but since this is such an obviously emotional thing for him, I'm not pushing him. Good luck to you!!
    CoconutShrimp

Answer by CoconutShrimp at 12:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm also having the same problem as you only i have a almost 3yo girl. But what I've been doing is I took her to Walmart and had her pick out panties of her own, (since she only has ones that were handed down from her older sister), and also took her to her older sisters preschool classroom for a few hours with me, then I told her that if she wanted to go all of the time in her own 'ROOM' she had to start going poop on the potty and not in her panties. Well today she went poop on the potty for the first time in a very long time. I hope this helps, GOOD LUCK!!! let us know how it all goes!
    Divagod

Answer by Divagod at 9:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• THANKS GUYS ALL OF UR ADVICE IS GOOD! WELL IM TRYIN THIS THING WERE IF HE POOPS IN THE TOILET HE GETS A STICKER AND IF HE FILLS UP THE CALANDER, EVERY 2 WEEKS HE WILL GET A TOY OF HIS CHOICE! SO FR WE R ON DAY 3 AND HE IS DOING GOOD! LETS HOPE IT WORKS!!
    Ms.YaZmIn

Answer by Ms.YaZmIn at 8:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008