What do you do when your kids are constantly pissing you off?!?

I have to ask them to do something more than once they only listen if I get the belt and threaten with it and once in a blue moon I use it. But it seems when I yell they listen I am so tired of doing this. I tried everything...but they do walk the line when their dad is home I love it when he is home I pretty much get to do what I have to do to get by as far as doing what I have to do with the house and kids and of course taking care of my honey :) I don't like the way he diciplines them but hey atleast they listen to someone...lol
I can handle them but they get all rawled up omg I can't take it that is when I get mad and start to yell but I do not like getting that way...ugh!
Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When we're having one of those days, I make sure the kids are fed and send them to their rooms so we can all chill out and have some alone time.
    Anonymous

• google 1-2-3- magic It has worked for me for over 20 years. You need to be consistent with discipline. They need to know that 100% of the time if they do something wrong then ___________will happen every single time!!! In our house we have laws and rules.  rules can be bent and or broken, laws cannot. the 3 laws are courtesy, common sense and safety. Break a law (just like in real life and you get in big trouble) every-time!! Rules like 8PM bedtime can be broken for special occasions.

You need to learn to control your kids NOW !! because if you can do it now how are you going to be able to do it when they are teens?

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Kids are only going to listen and respect out of fear when you use physical punishment. I'm also prettu sure using a belt is illegal or at least it should be. Sounds to me like you need to work on yourself and then start over with the kids. They are kids, not obedient dogs. Talk to them, get on there level and make sure that they can hear and understand you. Sometimes they are just too busy playing and are not intentionally ignoring us, they really can't hear us.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I like your question. My husband and I switch off when we are getting tired or frustrated. Tag team. Or we take a break and have my son play quietly in his room. No child is perfect. No parent is perfect or has all the answers. For me, I can't physically spank or touch my child is anger. I'm afraid of what would happen. I would be concerned about the messages I would send to my child and the damage done to our parent/child relationship. At no time does any parent have this parenting gig all figured out. If you need some additional support you can always seek out a professional or a local parenting support group. At times my son will even tell me when I am upsetting him and tell us he needs a personal break. Other times we just have to be signaled in something is going to blow if we don't walk away right now.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I need the same advice. Mine will be 3 and 4 in February and March, and I swear that sometimes they go out of their way to make me nuts. And like yours, they walk the straight and narrow when Daddy's home!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have heard and googled the 1-2-3 magic but it seems you need to buy it. can you get it from library???
    when my kids arent listening and piss me off i put my daughter in her room and to get my son i normally have to fight with him and he will adventually stay but other times i just take away his video games cause its it fav. thing to do. and i like to just sit breath and try to relax and act like i cant hear them...sounds bad but i jsut say quiet right now.
    holly0306

Answer by holly0306 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• We have a good long talk and consequences.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Do you happen to have cottony brightly colored hair that stands up straight and a jewel on your tummy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I guess I'm at a loss as to why you would presume this person is a troll? I have the same problem, so does that also make me one?? WTF?
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 1:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You use a belt on your kids? No wonder they don't respect you.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2010