I have had braxton hicks before, but are they suppose to hurt?

I don't know what this is... I thought it was BH but this is more painful then it has been. Slight cramping and my stomach is tight. I am 30 weeks.

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried drinking some water then laying down on your side? If the cramping gets worse or becomes menstrual like then call L&D

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yeah thats what I am doing now, and I have been drinking water too. It is consistent, it isnt getting better or worse. Just havent felt this before...
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• rest as much as your can. It could be nothing. if the pains get closer, or more painful call Labor and Delivery
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• For some women they can be painful, and as you're getting further into your pregnancy, that can be normal. I hope things have calmed down a bit since you posted!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• They get worse with each pregnancy, but if you have any other signs, or if they get regular, call doc.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My doctor told me quite a few times that if I was concerned at all to go into L&D and get monitored. With my second child I started having BHC when I was 5 months along. About 7 Months I had them almost everyday. At around 8 Months I started to get worried because they were pretty much all day every day. The weird thing about my BHC is that they were so consistent. They always seemed to be 5 minuets apart and last for 1.5 minutes in length. Drs. typically told their moms to go into OB at that point. At 34 weeks I finally told my dr. and he had me go over to OB for monitoring. I was having way more contractions they I even realized I was having. They were considered preterm labor and I got the shot and then I had to take those lovely pills that make you feel like crap. I took them for 3 weeks and when I stopped my baby was born 4 days later.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2010