What do you do with your kids when you say goodnight?

I said goodnight to my kids and usually they'll fall asleep but lately (I guess bc of winter break) they are staying up later even though I put them to bed I can hear them talking then eventually they fall asleep. The part I don't like is when we say goodnight and they can hear me getting ready for bed (I am thinking they are sleeping) I can hear one of them say "MOMMY" and they'll ask a question it just makes me so upset I tell them to GO TO SLEEP!!! I love them so much but c'mon I am ready to turn in for some peace and quiet.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I don't stress much on breaks but they tick me off on school nights when they pull that crap. Bedtime is 8pm for a reason (they are 10, 9, 8 and 4 1/2). They always end up screwing around and staying awake until 9-10pm and they are cranky all day long.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You are stressing too much over getting your kids to bed if its making you so upset, they may even be feeding off that. When I put my girl to bed [she is 6.5] I usually put some music on for her and she soon goes off to bed but I put her to bed hours before I go so its very very rare that she will be awake when I go.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 2:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Can't help ya.....I'm in bed before my kids
    danalee11

Answer by danalee11 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2010