Have you ever "paid it forward?"

Meaning.......did someone do something nice for you and you did something nice for someone else, and so on?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I have and try to show my kids how to too. The other day my kids and I were at the dr.s office and noticed a lady with a walker I told my kids see that lady coming towards the door go over there and have it open for her and as soon as she walked up she's like (well aren't you kids such good kids) and as she came in they ran towardsme and sat down. It's a good feeling when you make others happy no matter how big or how small :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I was in the drive thru in mcdonalds and when I got to the window to pay, the cashier told me that the lady in front of me paid for my meal. I asked the girl " Did she say she knows me or what?" and the girl told me that this woman does it all the time, just comes in and along with her food pays for the car behind her. So I paid for the car behind me!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• As a child, growing up in poverty, people/strangers were so kind and giving, I wasn't able and neither were my parents able to pay back their kindness and I vowed that some day I would be in a position to help others, because of the help we recieved. I LOVE paying it fwd. That's what life is about, helping your fellow man!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Oh and one time I found a wallet in the wal mart parking lot, it had $800 in it. I wanted to take it so bad. But then decided that if I give it to the staff at wal mart, they would probably take it. So I put the address on the drivers lisence into the navigation system and took the wallet there, the man on the lisence answered the door and I gave him his wallet. Right after that I came home and the mail man came and brought me a letter with a check for $ 9,000 from a car accident I got into earlier that year, ever since then I really believe in karma
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• One time, I was in the drive-thru at a Starbucks and I got to the window and they told me that the person in line in front of me had paid for my drink and the last 10 cars had done the same thing for the car behind them. Even though I had to pay for a little bit more expensive of a drink than mine was and I really didn't have the money to do so, I did it because it was nice to see that there are still nice people out there. It made the rest of my day and it was totally worth every penny I "overpaid."
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yep - every chance I get - life is way to short - yea to all the people who answered before me - You Rock!
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 3:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• yes, and I try everyday to keep it going.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 7:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2011