What do you do when your kids are constantly arguing?

Today we were doing some school work just to keep them ready for school so it won't be such a drag to go back....well one is doing one thing and the other is doing their thing and all of a sudden they just start to get loud and start arguing aarrgg...I hate when that happens bc I either have to get upset or pop them on the head. How would u have handled it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Put them back in the velcro suits and stick them back on the velcro wall...

Perhaps your children are trying to tell you that repeating the same boring crap that someone else has been trying to stuff into their heads is not an appreciated use of their free time, ta very much?

Send them outside. Whatever the weather --there is no bad weather, only bad clothing. Outside is good.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Divide and conquer!! When my kids start going at it I send them off to their OWN rooms... eventually I find them in one room or the other playing well together. Or they just start doing their own thing... either way... they are quiet!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Sorry you should have dealt with this when they were younger. My advise is the same as I'd give to toddlers fighting. NEVER referee. Whatever they are fighting about, take it away from both of them.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• When me and my little sister were younger and would fight my mom would make us hold hands untill we could get along. It made us get along cas if one of us wanted to go some place the other had to go too. Try it.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 6:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I don't blame them....you are making them do school work on their holiday. They were venting their frustrations on each other rather than you.

But when mine start arguing - I separate them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yeah ship them out side! LOL they don't wanna do school work. Oh well this too shall pass. My kids get along like three peas in a pod now and they gang up on me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My son instigates the bejeezus out of my daughter - I send him to his room. If it continues when he comes out, I take his computer, then his new XBox 360, followed by his Zoo York hoodies, then his air jordans......
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I scream out my terms for peace & quiet, separate them & get out the wine! (for me of course!) -LOL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010