urinating issues with my 3 year old

My three year old has been complaining about her pee buring and has a extremely red rash in her private areas. This has been going on for months. Ive taken her to the doctor and we've gotten a cream for it, it seems to go away. but every time I think weve taken care of the problem it comes back worse... I've stopped her bubble baths and keep the soap up high where she cant pore it in the tub...ive been reminding her to whip when she done... and to wash it properly when she baths...i dont understand how she keeps getting her rash back... im not sure what is done at daycare when she has to go.. or what happen when she goes to her moms...im soo lost on what more i can do to help her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try calling your doctor again & see what they say also check out whats going on at daycare
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have allergies to chemicals and get rashes. One of my allergies is to propylene glycol and it is in many products including diaper wipes, body wash and rash ointment. Putting rash ointment on my rashes makes the rash hurt really bad. So bad I can't sleep. Even allergy doctors can have problems with rashes and there are so many things people can be allergic to. I am also allergic to formaldehyde and it is in permanent press clothes and I can't wear new clothes. They have to be washed 20-30 or more times to get it out. I'm better off getting older clothes at Goodwill or yard sales. I'm allergic to most sheets and blankets. My 2 yo grandson has inherited my problems and has been head to toe eczema since he was 8 mo.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• she might be allergic to the laundry detergent or fabric softener...both my kids have very sensitive skin and my daughter used to get UTIs and rashes alot. ...so I changed to detergent and softener with no dyes and they are fine now. Purex makes both pretty cheap so its not more expensive to get the specialty stuff and its definitely worth it. Good Luck. :)
    cjzmom

Answer by cjzmom at 2:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Keep taking her back to the doctor until he or she finds out the reason. "The sqeaky wheel gets the grease" is true - If you make a lot of noise and present a lot of face-time with the pediatrician, then he or she will be motivated to find the answer. If the doctor still says he or she doesn't know the reason, then get a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc opinion until you find an answer.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 2:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Our dd had the same and we discovered she was not wiping properly.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 2:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• thanx guys
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2011