high blood pressure....c section...

hi everyone.. well these last 2 days have been really crazy for me... i have suddenly had to go to the hosp. for not feeling well.. it turns outmy blood pressure was really high. i have never had this issuse before i am 37 weeks and they want me to come back in on thurs day to check my pressure again.. if it still high they are gunna induce me... i am wondering what ways i can try and get my pressure back down.. i am a 1st mother so i have no idea what is really going on..help me understand more.. and more bout csections if i have get one what should i expect.. thanks

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ..If they give you a c-section...dont worry its not that bad seriously

You have a choice to me awhile, Or, To be put to sleep, I chose to be awake. some cannot stand being on their back flat and it feels like you cant breathe ...because you have been numbed all the way down from the rib cage down, The c-section it self will be around 30-45 minutes, baby will be born in around 5-6 minutes, and then they will fix you up and depending how big the cut...either staples,..or glue i had staples it ...it wasnt painful really,
    they give you medication and i told them to take me off the medications, because there was no need,

I am going thru the blood pressure thing too its new to me .BC i didnt have this in the first pregnancy...its scarey...but your 37 weeks, and your okay to give birth at any moment
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• you have a choice to be awake**** ...sorry i was talking to hubster there...and the sentence came out lmaoo so sorry
    LexsiesMommy

• My lat section was bad because my blood pressure was sohigh. I came close to hemmorage. If at all possible try to deliver naturally. It is sooooooooooo much safer.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• High blood pressure is typically anything over 120/80. When combined with pregnancy, they will take many precautions. Pregnancy induced hypertension can lead to pre-eclampsia which can cause seizures in the mother and can also cause death.
    C-section is always a possibility if things go awry during delivery. If your blood pressure goes too high during the induction they may do a c-section in order to keep you from seizing during labor.
    I had a scheduled ( albeit earlier than expected) c-section on 8/4/08 due to my blood pressure turning into pre-eclampsia.
    I had a spinal block... I was numb from the neck down and did not feel anything..just some pressure during the actual delivery of the baby. My pressure was still wacky so I was on magnesium for 2 days before being allowed out of the bed. It did go back to "my normal" 2 days later.

Good luck!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008