Loosing weight & loose skin

I had my daughter at 18 and now I'm 24. I was 160 when I gave birth and now I'm 260. I gained 100 pounds; I let myself go. Now, I want my life back! I'm starting to diet and exercise. Since I had my daughter c-section, my stomach muscles aren't as strong and now I have the "over-hang" of fat and skin, I'm sorry if that's TMI. My question is, if I diet and exercise while my body go back to normal and not have the over hang anymore? or will I have to have a Tummy Tuck? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Health

• It will, but it's going to take as long to 'go back' as it took to gain. Sorry about that.

Your skin is protein, and at your age, it will revert to its previous shape MUCH faster than a woman in the same position in her 40s or 50s, 'cause you're younger and everything happens faster. But you will have to lose slowly and make sure you're exercising more than you're dieting (or you can keep all the flab and all the extra skin 'cause your body will be burning off muscle to live through the famine.)
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Agree with LindaClement, I just want to add that you should keep your skin all over your body well moisturised. When skin is moisturised it has more elasticitty, which works both ways, for stretching and of "going back". GL
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• GL I believe you can do it just hang in there.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I lost a lot of weight after having my son and I have the droop you are talking about. I want to get a tummy tuck too. :(
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm with you. I got up to 261 after my son was born (c-section, too!). I'm in the process of losing weight. Down to 224 so far! Keep the weight loss slow, because it will give your skin time to adjust. Everyone's different, in how elastic their skin is, and how much it will shrink back. Do lots of core exercises to get your abs back (like plank), but be aware you cant spot-lose, and you can't do much to get your skin to go back, except try to keep the weight changes from being super dramatic. Go slow, and make it permanent! You can do it! =) Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think it may take awhile..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2010