SERIOUSLY???

Okay, my family is on a tight budget, so any kind of waste drives me crazy. I came home yesterday and my fiance proceeds to tell me that he ate FIFTEEN bagel bites for lunch...is this excessive or is that just me being a penny pincher? I am not trying to be a freak about money, but he once at SIX bowls of cereal as an AFTER DINNER SNACK!!!!!

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ROFL I thought about this when I was in the store today and saw the bagel bites - how funny is that?

I think sometimes we all just go crazy when we're enjoying something, right?
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 4:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Junk food is expensive so if you really wanna save money and not freak out about food do you and your family a favor and buy healthy food and actually cook it....

America knows they are lazy and that conveinece sells... which is why they overprice all those tv dinners that seem to vanish after 2 days. cook in bulk to last you and your family enough for 3 days and put in plastic containers... trust me

your health and your wallet will benefit from it
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 1:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It would be a really good idea for you both to sit down with a budget and a calendar and the chequebook and have a long conversation about how much his allowance is --and your's...

Tightwads tend to have a hard time spending an appropriate amount on the frivolities of life, and spendthrifts have a hard time paying the bills. It would help if you could get together over your goals and needs, and when you're done make a specific amount available to each of you --which is the TOTAL of what you can spend with impunity.

You, well, you HAVE to spend yours on something silly and useless every month --whatever makes you smile, and he gets to spend his WITHOUT anyone EVER asking what he spent it on. It is FOR fun...

Balance for everyone, and clear communication, will help everyone involved. Even if it turns out to be $6 a week each.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• WOW that is a lot of food i dont think your being a penny pincher, does he have a tank worm????
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• 15 Begal bites is really not a lot for a guy. It's not that great for him but that sounds like a meal really. That's really only 15 bites of food... they are bite sized for guys.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yuck not a healthy eater is he? If he ate real food he wouldn't have a desire to snack as much. Maybe cut out the carbs at dinner and have more substantial meals filled with veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• lol. I totally know how you feel...my DH has sat down with half a loaf of bread before...nothing on it...just the bread...lol I have often gone off on him about it...doesnt mattr though...if they are hungry they will eat whatever they can find...I think men are equipped with a hllow leg at birth...lol
    cjzmom

Answer by cjzmom at 2:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Guys can eat a lot, and if he's not overweight, he must need the calories. I have 3 sons ages 19, 21 & 28. Two are downright thin, and eat constantly. When they move out I'll be able to drive that new Porsche Panamera I've fallen in love with, for what I'll save on groceries!!

I don't buy a lot of "convenience foods, or expensive snacks. I cook things that are affordable....and make plenty of leftovers for snacks. I also do a lot of baking because it's cheap.

My husband ate like this until into his 40's, and never had a weight problem, he's only started eating "somewhat" less the last few years.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• He isn't fat, by any means, but he has a bit of a gut. He likes to rationalize it by saying that he "didn't eat all day." I have tried to explain to him a million times that I don't have a problem with how much he is eating so much as how much he is eating in one sitting. Or in one day...he likes to binge eat, which is frustrating when I know that the bag of chips he just ate in ONE sitting was $4!!!!
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Oh, and he won't eat veggies AT ALL, won't eat beans of any kind and hates potatoes...which makes cooking to provide leftovers HORRIBLE.
    TitusMom7

Comment by TitusMom7 (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010