when you have a stillborn and not at full term when do they remove the fetus or do they wait until fullterm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was miscarrying but had trouble expelling the fetus, so it was induced, the baby was stillborn, it was a girl, and we had a funeral for her, I think it depends on every situation.
    Anonymous

• oh, and it was at almost 5 1/2 months
    Anonymous

• My daughter Kahlan died in utero at 36 weeks due to gestational diabetes. She stopped moving, my OB sent me to the hospital and they couldn't find a heart beat. I was induced but my body wasn't ready for labor. Three days later I had an emergency c-section. If they had not done the section I would have died. I ended up with a life threatening uterine infection and had to stay in the hospital for over a week.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• So very sorry to hear, <3 all of you are in my prayers,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes in my prayers as well...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my sis and my sil both had babies die in utero and my sil was 29 weeks and my sis was 30 weeks both of em had 2 b induced and had em vaginally my sil was induced that same day but dndnt deliver the baby till the next day and when my sis baby dies her hus was out of town and she dndnt wnt 2 have her without him so she wnt hm and they induced her the next day when he got in town both had 2 have funerals 2 it was really sad and my prayers go out 2 ne one who hs to go thru this
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think they do usually try to induce labor. I had a full term stillbirth, but was in labor by the time I knew. I begged them to do a C-section, but they told me that it was much kinder to allow me to deliver than to put me through surgery. I'm so grateful that they did that because I was able to deliver my next two daughters vaginally. Also, I felt like it was the only thing I ever got to do for my daughter.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had a c-section at 29 1/2 weeks b/c my daugher was stillborn.. usually they do it right away
    (either a c-section or induce you). Sorry to hear about yours
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• AshJoe, I'm so sorry to hear about yours too! I didn't mean to be insensitive to anyone who had to deliver a stillbirth through a C-section. I had one mother tell me that she was glad that they took her stillborn child through c-section because the physical pain gave her something else to concentrate on, and it just felt like a manifestation of the emotional pain she was experiencing. Either way you look at it, it's a gut wrenching thing to go through no matter how you deliver! But the important thing is WE SURVIVED!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• They remove the fetus as soon as possible, there is no reason to carry to term. :(
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2008