Bring it!

I know I deserve 10 lashes with a wet noodle - but I just paid my ten year old $20 to turn off the radio, tv, video game and what ever else is blasting and go to bed. As of this minute it is the best $20 I ever spent. Bribery it works! Peace Out!

Got a parenting moment like that?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 2:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh hell yes ..... not as expensive as dd is only 6.5 lol
    I used bribery to potty train her.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 2:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Lol I would never do that.

But I do understand you do what you have to do to get some peace !
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Remove the things from his room. You are the boss. When you say they need to be off, make it happen. It can be hard for a while but it will be worth it. Remember it is your job to bring up a respectful, considerate man.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not yet, but I am sure I will...
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It does not get easier as a teenager. Stop it now. Later could be too late. This may seem funny and cute now. It won't later. You have to get him under control .
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I will use postive motivation and consquences when it is not 2:30 am! I can't wait until he is a teenager.
    mrsljamieson

Comment by mrsljamieson (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• tootoobusy - You must have been too busy to answer the question, thanks for the input. Over react much? LOL Peace Out.
    mrsljamieson

Comment by mrsljamieson (original poster) at 4:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have and guess what? I have a respectful, considerate teenager. A parent sometimes has to resort to bribery and there is nothing wrong with it. I would not bribe for potty training though, can't bribe a developmental task to happen any faster than what that child's body is ready to do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I used to bribe my little ones to go play quietly in their rooms when I wasn't feeling well. Now they're all teens and I have to bribe them to wake up in the morning - JUST KIDDING!! I don't think it hurts at all if you don't do it too frequently. I used to pay my kids $2.00 to the first one who would find the TV remote. My husband walks away with it and can't remember where he put it down and that was a lot quicker and less frustrating than looking for it myself! Use your resources wisely!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 12:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010