I need a JOB ASAP what else can i do ?

I have been looking on all job sites and sending my resume threw email or apply with there online application but is there anything else i can do? I need a job we have no income with unemployment done and i am so scared i wont get a job on time to pay rent. Any suggestions would help. Please

Mrs.Norris

Asked by Mrs.Norris at 3:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• Pound the pavement! It's the good ole fashion method! You simply get a bunch of Resumes together, go out to the mall, or just a busy street and start walking! Stop in every establishment and give them a Resume. Tell them you are in need of employment and will be willing to work any shift they have available. Usually, you can talk with someone knowledgeable right then and there!

Best of luck!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Hmm, if I needed to work on a deadline, and just need to know it's a job I won't lose, I'd take that instinct of mine and go do some apps at those perhaps not so nice jobs but pays money. Just make sure that you contact welfare if the wage is low and have them aware of your rent and expenses, and if you go to apply to government housing it may pay off too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Spend one day driving to restaurants, retail stores, offices etc near home and turn in as many resumes as possible. Turn them in, wait 2-3days and call them for a follow up. That's what I do, and I have to possible jobs in line finally.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• If you have daycare then you would probably be good for a work at home job with someone like American Airlines, Hilton @ Home, Uhual etc.. you can find that list at HomeCareerSuccess.com.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

•  

Start with a great resume; update (or create) a Linkedin profile; let everyone you know that you are looking for a new position. How are your skills? You may want to take a couple of classes at a community college, like Microsoft office (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a basic bookkeeping class.

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Could you sell plasma, have a garage sale, and/or get rid of a car?
    What about becoming self-employed? Could you shovel a walk, mow a lawn, clean a home, teach someone how to play an instrument? Try putting an ad up online (free) and at grocery stores and at the local library.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope things turn around for you guys soon!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Thank you Erica so sweet of you ...and thank you to everyone all the advice is great...
    Mrs.Norris

Comment by Mrs.Norris (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011