How can i get my daughter to go to sleep earlier and sleep thru the night?

Ive tried to wake her up early and give her a early nap, and she will still stay up past 11pm with me if not later, I've tried not giving her naps during the day but sometimes i think that just gives fuel to her flame. lol! Then she wont stay asleep all night if I'm not sleeping beside her. I just dont know what to do with her at times. Please someone help!!!!

hollybuff

Asked by hollybuff at 5:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal for babies and toddlers to want to sleep next to mom and to wake at night until they are 3 or older. That's what humans have always done and what they still do in most of the world.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I don't what to tell you that won't involve some crying. But if skipping naps is just adding fuel, maybe she's overtired? Since you are posting in the toddler category, I'm assuming she's at least 1. I would CIO, or some form or it - checking in every 5-10 minutes or whatever you are comfortable with. But you have to be consistent and stick with it in order for it to work.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• my daughter has never slept near me gailll. she's 5 months old and has always slept in her own room in a crib. she's been sleeping for 9-11 hours a night since she was a month old so stop trying to force co sleeping on women. they tell you in child classes and at the hospital that co sleeping is DANGEROUS. if you roll on your baby and then break it's neck then what!!!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 12, 2011