How can someone you just met within 30 days wants to marry you

A male friend of mines met a young lady 30 days ago and she wants to marry him but he not ready for it and does not want to bring it up because he been married before and been devorced for 20 years he 38 and with one adult son and working full time sometime 16 hours.he was in a four year relationship and got busted for cheating.and he like to meet other ladies at the clubs and get the digits

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• IMO it depends on how much time you spend together. I don't put a time limit on love. An ex's Mom and Dad met up for a one night stand, found out she was pregnant, now they've been together 27 years.

If you spend day in and day out amounts of time together, I can see it possible. Maybe not completely realistic, but totally possible.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not gonna comment on all the sordid details in the question but I only knew my husband about 5-6 weeks (so a month and a half or so) before he proposed to me. We never even dated. We were friends at work and then we were hanging out one night and he said he wanted to marry me so I took him up on the offer. We were married 7 months later and our 1st child was born a year and a few weeks after that proposal (I was 3 months pregnant at our wedding which was planned long before I knew I was pregnant). We'll be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary a week from today (Jan. 7), 12 years together in June and we have 5 kids now (10 1/2, 9, 8, almost 5 and 5 months). So it can work.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• He clearly told the young lady that he doesnt want to deal with or talk about regetting married.and i would never ask a man after meeting he 30 to get married.like i said he is known to cheat
    tinamarie1972

Comment by tinamarie1972 (original poster) at 5:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My father asked my mother to marry him within 2 weeks of meeting, they were married within 6 months.  They were happily married until my father passed away 5 days before their 49th anniversary.  So it can work but like justanotherjen said, I can't comment on your friend's situation.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i knew after 4 days of dating my now hubby that i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and thank god the feeling was mutual =D
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• ...he likes to meet ladies in clubs and get the digits......"

If his lady got more of "the digits" would she still be interested? Just askin'
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I married my hubby 2 1/2 months after we met. The 20th was our 15th Anniversary. I told him 13 days after we met that I loved him. This kind of thing happens a lot actually. But, in the situation you have described, nothing good is gonna come of it. Just sit back and watch the drama unfold. This chic is a mess.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I MET, DATED, GOT ENGAGED AND MARRIED MY HUSBAND IN UNDER 45 DAYS. 9 years later...were still together and LOVE ONE ANOTHER NOW MORE THAN THEN.. We went through alot.. but It is worth it..

I think there are many ways people come together..
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 10:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I dont know but how does she feeel?
    holly0306

Answer by holly0306 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Lamar Odem and Khloe Kardashian did it... and they are still together a year later. I guess it could be done.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2010