If a cookie recipe does not call for parchment paper, can you use it to line the pan anyway?

I aked 8 dozen cookies yesterday using parchment paper, and it was soooo easy. I'd like to use it for all my cookies.

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 7:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Can parchment paper be used for all cookies? "Parchment paper can be used for any cookie that is baked individually on a baking sheet. A pan of bar cookies--such as Toll House cookies or blondies--can also be lined with parchment paper in a "sling" that allows the cook to easily remove the entire pan of cookies in one move, as suggested by "Cook's Illustrated Magazine." Parchment paper is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I didn't know any cookie recipes actually called for parchment paper. I thought you could use it regardless of recipe. I say go for it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes. my mom owned a bakery when I was growing up and she used it for all cookies
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes, it makes everything easier!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I would try it on a small batch just to be sure, I don't see why not
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Absolutely. I use it under anything that might stick, like biscuits or rolls or even meatloaf. I like to use it instead of using foil.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yep. Love baking cookies on parchment papers
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i really dont see why you couldnt use it it is only gonna make your job easier!!!
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 8:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes ma'am! I use it for all sorts of things in lieu of "greasing the pan".
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 8:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have also used a silicone liner for cookies where the recipe didn't call for any liner - I love both.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2010