potty training

I was just wondering about how long has it taken you guys to potty train your child..... My DD is 22 months and she is doing really good she hs wore real undies all week and had about 2 accidents per day..... I have heard of some kids doing real well for a week or two and then giving up ... just want to hear from other moms

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i know that they always say girls are easier than boys but from what i have been going through, my boys are easier than my girl! my little girl is 3 now and she will still have accidents and she was pooping just fine but then one day she decided not too anymore. we work everyday with her but it's a struggle. when she started out she did go for a few weeks with no problems but then she did stop and wouldn't start again for a month or two. just have to be patient and keep working with her.
    ashleyk423

Answer by ashleyk423 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had my first daughter fully out of diapers by 18 months... It took about 2-3 months.. I first started leaving her out of a diaper during the day around 15 months..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• They have to be ready. My son, we thought he was ready almost a year ago. We had him basically fully potty trained, then one day he decided, nope don't want to anymore. Then all of a sudden about six months later out of the blue he told me he had to pee and he was potty trained within days. Don' t push because it only makes it harder and frustrates you.
    kimikylemama

Answer by kimikylemama at 12:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I started with my daughter about 3 weeks ago. She's 27 months old. She's doing pretty well and wears panties all day.
    I've also heard that kids frequently regress, that potty training is frequently 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I haven't encountered that - yet!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2008