Relationship issues.

When does a relationship become toxic?
At what point do you need to say GOOD BYE...?

What things would make you cut ties?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 8:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• A relationship becomes toxic when it involves abuse physically or mentally. It is also toxic when you start to question why you are with this person. If you are asking this question to begin with, it sounds like it already has or is beginning to be toxic. Cheating, questioning your relationship, disrespect, bringing out more negative than positive feelings are all signs that you are in a toxic relationship as well.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 1:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It becomes toxic when the relationship brings you more negative than positive. I would cut ties when I start avoiding situations with that person, when being around that person is the last thing I want to do.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I just spent over four years in a toxic relationship and now am sitting here wondering why I put myself through it. I learned a lot from it so it wasn't all bad but I'm not grieving over it being over. It opened the door for me to meet a truly wonderful man who likes and appreciated me and treats me with respect. If you cut loose of the bad, the good can come in to your life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Abuse of any kind, you should walk away. 'Should', but not everyone can. When the person makes you...not you anymore. If they don't bring out the best in you on purpose, because they are just a bad person, it's toxic.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• And cheating. Can't leave that out. That's definatly toxic.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Before I got married I was in a 6 yr relationship and left when we would go out and he did not talk to me...He then told me that why should we talk he know all theree was to know about me! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I broke it off like 3 days later
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Abuse. It doesn't have to be physical. It can be mental or psychological.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2011