ABORTION.. WHY ARE YOU ON THE SIDE YOUR ON?

PRO-CHOICE?
PRO-LIFE?

ANY OTHER DESIGNATIONS?

I don't want this to be a bash fest.. I want to see reason's why a person validates in their own mind .. WHY THEY BELEIVE WHAT THEY DO!

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 8:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Quite simply I believe life is sacred and I don't believe in murder. I believe all children deserve a chance to live. There are people out there (i am one of them) who would be thrilled to adopt. I just haven't found a way yet because it seems to be more a business than actually finding good homes for children. I believe life starts at conception. An acorn buried becomes a tree. It does not suddenly after a set amount of time become a sheep.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I am pro choice before conception. A woman who doesn't want to be pregnant should be on birth control and make the guy wear a condom. If he won't then no sex pretty simple concept. I do think abortion should be legal for women who are raped or to save their life only makes up less than 4 percent of all abortions. The rest are done because women are irresponsible. I didn't talk about mens responsiblity because they have no say in the decision to end the life of a child so the burden is on the woman to make sure she doesn't get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Pro-life with exceptions. A baby is a baby form the time it is conceived. Within days it has a heart beat and with in a couple of weeks there is brain activity. It eats, breaths and grows this is the scientific definition of life. If the baby or the mother's life is in danger, including the mental health of the mother in cases such as rape I think it then becomes a medical necessity in some cases. If it was p to me Abortion would be a medically indicated procedure only. But of course it isn't so...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• @frogdawg:
    IMPO- It isn't a harmless choice like what to drive, What I can own or Where I can get certain things. It is a life or death choice. Someone is being harmed in the process, the baby and sometimes the fathers, grandparents or others. IMO it isn't a matter of just 'her body' It is the baby's body that is being destroyed. If the same woman was shot and killed her murderer would be charged with 2 deaths. That to seems a bit hypocritical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm pro-life, but I'd rather work together to cut down on the number of unwanted pregnancies than fight over abortion - abortion is just one poor solution to the problem and its not going to go anywhere until we address the problem. I don't agree with it, I don't like it, but I know that focusing on abortion is too little too late. We need to get to the root of the issue, which involves better sex ed, more available birth control, and working to improve the way society sees our youth being raised to be responsible in their choices. Pointing fingers at people and fighting with them instead of empathizing with them doesn't help in any of that - its only in working together that we can help to cut down on abortion.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Pro Life because abortion in any form is ending the life of a child - which makes it murder. The only exception I might be able to see is if the mother's life is at risk and the baby didn't have a good chance at life. I have been raped and I have been the scared pregnant teen and I still don't see either one of those as grounds for abortion.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Pro-choice

I wouldn't have one for myself unless it was medically necessary but I'm not about to tell another what to do with their body. If we let the government have that right, what else will they take away?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm pro-life primarily for this reason: I am a child who was conceived by mistake out of wedlock. My bio-father knew someone who could 'take care of it', but my bio-mother chose to carry me to term and place me for adoption.

Hey, I like my life.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I just want to add that I do believe that life begins at conception, that life is sacred. I really do. I also believe that abortions should be limited to those that are medically necessary.

But I'm selfish. My bio-mother chose life for me. Because of that choice, I was able to bring two more lovely, precious lives into the world. I am grateful to her for her choice. And I'm grateful to my parents for raising me to appreciate my life.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Pro-choice because I believe it is up to the woman to make that decision. Her decision, not mine, not the government and not the religious right.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2010