Anyone have any good tip or trick to burp a baby?

I used the sit up position, on my shoulder or on his belly, but nothing works sometimes. It's very hard to get him to sleep if he didn't burp. Any good technics?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used the sitting up position as well. Are you using the infant gas drops? Those work amazingly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Over the shoulder, lightly patting & rubbing my sons back in a circular motion while I walked around worked best for me. I agree with using the infant gas drops called "Mylicon". They work great!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:31 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I work in the infant room at a daycare and I have learned that using those methods work the best.. the trick is to keep switching them.. moving them around usually works the burp out.
    gottalovemyboys

Answer by gottalovemyboys at 9:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My oldest was always hard to burp...we would have to lay him with his belly on our arm with our had holding his neck and pat his back
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• How long are you burping him for? I was told by the nurses in the hospital do it for 2min if nothing happens then it's not going to. I also did the sitting up method, and sang that song off mickey mouse club house. "top top, bottom bottom, middle middle middle." lol, that patteren ALWAYS seemed to get my kids to burp.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• try laying him across your knees with his head off one side and feet off the other. this was the only way to burp my DD
    stephanieroske

Answer by stephanieroske at 10:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• How old? Can he support his head still? I sit up my baby facing me on my lap and hold his hands and bounce him very gently with my knees. Or I put him to my shoulder, pat his back while walking around bouncing a little. The "bouce" always work the best with my first child who WOULD NOT burp ever!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• He's a month old, he can support his head a little but not completely. I tried to walk around and rub his back so far it works. Thankyou all!
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2010