Who is right on the due date? me or the nurse

I went to the Dr. on Wed. to confirm a pregnancy test. She said that i was 6 weeks and the due date was Aug.25. My last period was Nov.23rd so I looked on the internet and it said I was 5 weeks and the due date Aug.29. I know it is only a matter of a couple days. But am I 5 or 6 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hard to say.. when going by your LMP, that is only assuming that you ovulated around the "average" time that most other women do. Really theres no telling unless you tracked your ovulation.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Perfect answer Ctink!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Due dates are estimated anyway and it can change as you go along and you get ultrasounds and measurements.
    Did she do an ultrasound at your appointment? That might account for the difference.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• your US will give you a more accurate due date but all due date calculators are differentm my last period was Nov. 20 and my due date is the 27th so yours seem to be about right in comparison to mine
    stephanieroske

Answer by stephanieroske at 10:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i think you are 5 weeks and the due day its around both dates..........
    ANAKLETA

Answer by ANAKLETA at 11:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Until you have an ultrasound it's really up in the air. I would go by the 5 weeks though.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I would say you are 5 weeks, they only guess until you get an ultra sound.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Truly the due date is only important for 1 reason, to determine when you reach 36 weeks of pregnancy to know for sure that you can give birth to a healthy developed baby at any time after reaching 36 weeks. When I was pregnant with my first child my Due date was Dec 9th I had a nurse freak out on me because her chart put me with a due date of Dec 10th. One day and she really freaked out and was going to have a discussion with my dr. Really it doesn't matter baby will come when they come. Healthy or not. That same pregnancy my baby was born Dec. 5th and still had to spend 1 wk in the Nicu.

Good luck with your pregnancy!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Only your baby knows for sure.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2011