Would it make u irratated and feel lonley if NONE of your so called friends have called and invited or asked to hang out tonite to ring in the new year??? It does me

Maybe it is because me and hubby have 3 kids??? Not sure. Still trying to figure this one out. And it is not like we dont have a big group of friends because we do.

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 10:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• I had three kids. I never got invited to NY party back then and don't get invited now. I'm just used to staying home and not being invited anywhere. I'll just read a book or watch tv

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not really, because I'll be working and hubby doesn't like going out... on any night, let alone New Year's Eve.

How about being pro-active? Instead of waiting for an invite, INVITE THEM! You will at least learn who has other plans or is sick or is like my hubby.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It may be the children issue. Next time, perhaps you should invite others to join you. This has the advantage of not needing to take the children to another house, or hire a sitter.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You have to be pro-active and ask people what they are doing and let them know you are looking for something to do.. They may assume you have plans or can't get a sitter, etc. Don't be offended, our friends are not mind readers and don't know we would like to make plans unless we tell them.

I
    tway75

Answer by tway75 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes, it would make me feel sad and lonely at any time of the year. I never get invited to any party at this time of the year but then I don't know of anyone having any oarties either and we don't go to the bars or anything either
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• the funny thing is that all of our friends have children too, and the same ages(give or take a few months apart). So i know that that is not the problem. I guess everyone just got plans and have things to do. Maybe we will just sit at home and bang pots n pans.
    indysownlilbit

Comment by indysownlilbit (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have great friends, but no one will call and invite us for anything. We will stay home like we have for years, have chicken wings and just hang out. It will be fine.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes it would.. but I really don`t have any friends in this area yet. It`s one of my New Year Resolutions.. make 2 friends. not impossible..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• maybe no one is doing anything but snuggling up at home.....try inviting a few over for board games or cards or video games whatever you like to do......me personaly people know i'm a more snuggle at home by myself and kids kinda person and they "leave me alone" ....kinda thing.......i works for me and them......you just have to find what works best for you and your group of friends......happy new year
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Did you call THEM and invite them? Maybe they're feeling the same way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2010