Relocating to Shawnee KS area, any info on schools/neighborhoods?

Relocating to Shawnee KS from TX, need real life info from moms already there. Our Realtor is young , newly married, kid on the way, not a wealth of info for mom in her mid 40's with that part of life behind me. Any thoughts of best schools? Heard Blue Valley schools great but disenchanted with sprawl and congestions of OP and Olathe, ugh. Best neighborhoods in Shawnee? Areas to steer clear of? Best shopping re: Farmer's Markets, Natural grocers, etc. ? Any help from folks already there would be much appreciated from this military wife and mom of anxious children dreading our impending move.

ALgal333

Asked by ALgal333 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in

• they have a farmers market called old Shawnee. Thats all I know I live in Burlingame Ks and my husband is a truck driver in that area so I no shopping and thats about it.
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I've heard they have great schools in that area. I live in the middle part of the state.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011