My daughter is 24 weeks preg and is spotting a least once or twice a week. Docs say nothing to worry about. Your opinion??

First pregnancy. 22 years old. Has pain in the middle of the night. then wakes with blood.

AmeliasGma

Asked by AmeliasGma at 10:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think that is fairly normal and she should try and take it very easy on those days I spotted with all 3 of my kids keep the feet up and relax is the best thing to do especially when that happens try not to be stressed over it I know hard to do when you feel something is wrong.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• DD did too.! She delivered her first born early. Though now he's 5!! She has now a 3 & 1 year old! It seems different pregnancies then when it was me!! Keep involved and pay attention!! Best of luck to her and a easy delivery with the most Healthy Baby!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• That makes me feel better. I will pass this along to her right away.
    AmeliasGma

Comment by AmeliasGma (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Have they checked the location of her placenta? At 19 weeks I had some light spotting and at my 20 week ultrasound, since I had been spotting, they were sure to check on the location of the placenta. Mine was lying low and that's what was causing the spotting. I would have spotting about once a week for a few weeks, and then it stopped. I went in for another ultrasound at 27 weeks and my placenta had moved, so that's why the spotting stopped. If they haven't checked that already she might want to mention that to her doctor.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 11:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I spotted a little my my 2nd son. They said it could be the mucus plug. Is the spotting red or brown? I'm pretty sure they told me if it wasn't full on red heavy bleeding, it's fine. Like the person said above - have the doctor check the location of the placenta. It's probably something like that, but hearing it might calm the nerves. It will all be okay!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I spotted with my second baby....Dr's said it was from a low lying placenta...has she had an ultrasound to check her placenta location? Probably has at her weeks gestation...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• She may just be doing too much during the day. If the doctors say its ok, then I wouldn't worry too much. Just take it easy.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have bled quite a bit with each one of mine. It is quite common, as long as she is not soaking through a pad then I would not worry too much.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2011