Do you make New Years' Resolutions?

I call mine resolutions, but they are mainly goals I want to accomplish in the year. In the last several years I've made basically the same goals and have accomplished some, gotten closer to others. Do you? What do you want to accomplish this year? I want to send out a manuscript for publication, among many others that span from spiritual to personal health.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 11:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. I haven't in years.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Not normally. SO decided that ours would be to quit smoking. We have stopped smoking in the house a couple weeks ago. I already quit almost a week ago. Why wait until Jan 1 to do it? He came along for the ride, lol.

He is working today so we will see if he gives in or not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yeah but I don't stick them out!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 11:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I've never smoked but I've got family members who have quit. Good luck, Jademom! One day at a time. You can do it!
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Nope! I think they are silly and most times not fulfilled. If you want to do something, just do it like JadeMom07 did. Good luck with continuing to not smoke. It can be done...I've been smoke free for 10 years!
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I heard an organization expert on the radio last week and she said we should call them "goals," not "resolutions" because if you don't achieve the resolutions exactly, you'll feel you failed. But with goals, you can break them down into smaller steps and feel good if you make even the smallest progress towards achieving them. Sounds good to me so that's my first goal for the new year!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i used to always make wightloss resoultions, this year i'm much slimmer, i'm trying to be "a more patient "person. i'm really gonna try. so wish me luck cuz impatience really makes me cranky.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2010