Off the Wall Suggestions?

What is the most off the wall suggestion you've ever gotten from another mom on CM?

I was just thinking about this - and in fact, I post with caution in most adoption forums because I had one very active (at that time anyhow) and outspoken person tell me that when/if my son's birthmom/firstmom gets it together, I should be willing to "give him back", no matter how long it takes. I was shocked at how strong and all she was about it - to the point of suggesting that I was a bad parent for being unwilling to consider it.

SO, thinking about that - what off the wall suggestions have been given to you? I know we've all had them :)

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 11:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My MIL told me that I should not use off brand hands soap in my house because ir only kills 99.8% of germs as opposed to the 99.9% that the name brand kills. Seriously?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My MIL told me that if I didn't drink a glass of OJ a day while I was pregnant my baby will come out retarded

I was also called a horrible mother and should have my kids taken away because I'm an Atheist
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Hmmm, good one. Ooh, someone told me I should kill myself once because I was mentally unstable! LOl Does that count? No? Darn, well, then nothing off the wall, really.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• LOL when DH and I were trying to conceive a child (we were married 5 years before our daughter was born) - my MIL told me I'd get pregnant if I'd just relax. ROFL I said - OK now, if I were any more relaxed, I doubt your son would like it - I can't just lay there like I'm dead. Needless to say, she didn't try to tell me how to get pregnant in a large group of people again.

I'm sometimes humored and sometimes floored by the things people suggest.
    AAAMama

Comment by AAAMama (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010