Crafty Momma's Any Ideas what to do with an old wooden slated Playpen?

It's too old to use as a playpen anymore not safe but I would like any craft ideas Thanks

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do you have a pic?? I've never seen a wooden one. I was thinking taking the sides apart and decorating then and using them as art.... like they do with old windows or shutters. Or the sides as a back drop in a flower garden. If you can't take it apart how about a big toy bin??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

• My mom has an antique crib, it's smaller than a regular crib and doens't have a mattress, her mom used it as her kids' crib when they were babies, but anyway, even knowing it's an antique, once we move and have room for it I'm going to let my girls use it for their dolls, in the playroom. They'll know to be careful with it, but my mom doesn't really care, she just wants to get rid of it. I'm going to have to strip & repaint it though since it is painted with really old paint!
    Anonymous

• Take a side off, add brackets and use it to hang laundry to dry in the laundry room. Make 3 extra for your friends!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You can cut a door in it with a slow shutting hinge (as to not pinch the kiddo's fingers) and make it a toy bin. You could weave fabric through the slats, securing that with hot glue or brads, to make it colorful and enclosed. You could also take out the bottom and put a door in it.. Do the same thing with the fabric and add a roof. Making it a playhouse for the kiddos.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• sell it at an antique shop
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Let the kids turn it into a little club house. turn up side and put a few sheet over it or take pieces of card board boxes and tape on to   look more like a club house and let kids paint it. cut some of the panel for a door.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Use it as a decoration for a twin bed it could look like a daybed if you paint and use the parts of the playpen as ends to the bed
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No, I don't have a pic it's up in the rafters in the garage and has been there since we moved in 6 yrs ago. I either have to make something out of it or get rid of it someway
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• This is as close as I can get

Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010