MENU help for tonight!!!!!

Oh my.... we are having people over after all.... 10 adults and 4 kids (older kids).

I need something nice yet easy.... crockpot is fine too.... only 9am here on west coast.
We will not be having a formal sit down dinner but more of a buffett style meal.

PLEAsE HELP.... and thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Alot of good answers!

Happy new year to ya!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Spaghetti is always an inexpensive way to feed a lot of people. Add a salad, some crusty garlic bread and you're there. We always have a veggie tray out on NYE too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• This is what we are having tonight for dinner...
    http://www.food.com/recipe/to-die-for-crock-pot-roast-27208
    with mashed potatoes, oven-roasted carrots (I don't like these cooked with the roast) and gravy from the crockpot.  I bet it would work for a crowd to.

Another option would be a chili and a veggie stew, that way people have a pick and lots of toppings - shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, etc.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• sausage on new years is good luck... so i am firing up the slow cooker/crockpot and doing this - sausage - spagetti sauce, one red and one green pepper and about a quarter of an onion - that is for a fam of 3 with leftovers.... really easy -- and toast fancy rolls for the sausage sandwiches - so yummy and i am a super picky eater that doesnt normally eat pork.
    also with that amount of time you could get chicken w/o bones - put it in the crock with bbq sauce, later when the chick is cooked shread it and make pulled chicken... good luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I like @5babyBees reply...finger foods, sandwhichs, veggie and fruit tray ect..
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• For Buffet foods I would suggest... BBQ Meat Balls (Crockpot easy fix)
    Some sort of Seafood Salad
    Coleslaw or a varity of it. Adding some meat is always a nice idea. Like Chopped Bacon.
    A veggie Plate and Dip
    Fruit Salad W/ or W/out Whipped Cream Dressing.
    Make your own Sub. Have small Sub Buns, cold cuts, veggies, and different condiments.
    Chips and Dip - Dip could be a chili cheese dip, salsa, dressing, or French Onion type...
    Pigs in a blanket
    Baked Ham and Cheese Cresaunts (sp?)
    Cocktail Weiners in a BBQ sauce
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm making white chicken chili - if you can run to the store, get 1-2 jars white beans, 3-4 cans chicken, some salsa, chicken broth, cumin, colby-jack cheese. Mix it all in the crock pot and heat through, serve with tortilla chips.
    Anonymous

• it is blizzarding here so we are making homemade pizzas and having sparkling purple cows.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You could try chili and a baked potato bar with other appitizers, and for desert a brownie & ice cream bar---yummy if you are having that I am coming to your house---OH YAY I can't get out of my house because the door is blocked with SNOW!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• What about a taco or nacho bar??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2010