How do I fix super wrinkely pants?

My SO has a few jobs and he has to wear this uniform. The issue is the pants are so wrinkled they look like they were balled up in the bottom of the closet for years when really they were just in the laundry hamper for a day. We have washed them, dried, them, ironed them and used starch several times! Once they were straight after hours of ironing they looked just as wrinkeled after the next wash!!! They are like the pants from hell!! Any ideas?????

jmdelan2

Asked by jmdelan2 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• what material are they? check the tag if you don't know off hand...
    Anonymous

• I know the pants you speak of! lol. I ended up having to hand wash my SO's because when I put them in the wash they came out in a ball and it was awful. I hand washed them, laid them flat to dry, and STILL had to iron them! It was a pain, but it was so much better than the mess I was left with if I put them through the wash and the dryer.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would personally let the manufacturer know, or take them back to the store where purchased and explain the situation. Clothes should not be that difficult, most clothing today are "suppose" to be more wrinkle free. Where I just find them of less qualitly. Sounds like there is something wrong with the material not matter what, I wouldn't want to deal with all that and you shouldn't have to either, sounds like almost a second job...LOL
    darlyn63

Answer by darlyn63 at 3:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• OOOps sometimes I type to fast, I ment to say no matter what. I guess my fingers are just feeling Happy today!!! ha ha ha.
    darlyn63

Answer by darlyn63 at 4:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Here is my suggestion....Don't put them in a washing machine that is full, this will allow them to open up freely when washing and not get bundled up in or with other clothes. If your dryer isn't helping, try hanging them up to dry. I've used the dryer before to "fluff up" clothes that have set too long in the dryer and that helps to smooth out wrinkles. Have you tried that?
    I also know they make a liquid starch that can be put into your washer. Maybe that would help to give the fabric more stiffness so it wouldn't be so prone to wrinkle.
    I'd just hate to do all of that ironing!!
    Good Luck to you!!
    KrisOtherMama

Answer by KrisOtherMama at 1:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• wet iron, i do it to some linen shirts my dh has, be careful, take them out of the washer, hot hot iron them mostly dry and hang. good luck, if all else fails ,,, starch
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• spray wrinkle-free on them and put them in the dryer.
    Sherri208

Answer by Sherri208 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008