Do you have a stockpile of groceries?

So many parts of the country have been hit with nasty weather, do you keep a full pantry/freezer for just in case?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 12:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, I have a stockpile of food, tp, soap(laundry, dish, hand, body and shampoo) I am on a tight budget, so I buy in bulk on sale and, plan menus on that. And I am so happy because we are having a huge storm, and I am so glad I don't have to go anywhere, I have not started my car since monday it is probably dead.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes, I do I have everything full I garden and can we have meatthe freezers are full
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• just a small one
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Had to get stocked up the other night. We had one snow storm yesterday and have another one on the way today.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• We keep an emergency kit, but we don't specifically keep extra food for the bad weather.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I do year-round, not just in the winter. We're ready to be snowed in at any given time - and we're currently in the middle of a snow storm.
    Anonymous

• yep I am almost over flowing with the extra just in case groceries and bottled water
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• No not really. I go to the store once a week and keep an eye on the weather. If it looks like we might have bad weather I might get a few extra things. We always do have bottled water though, but thats because my kids drink it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes, but not just for winter & not just food, but for everything that we use a lot of. DH works construction and could be laid off at any time, sometimes for months at a time. Unemployment barely covers the bills, so we depend on our supplies to get us through until he goes back to work. We also have a large garden & I put up as much as I can from it, as well as what we can get in bulk from the farmer's market that we don't grow ourselves. We also purchase a half cow with our tax refund & fill the freezer with a bunch of chickens from a local farmer and those will keep us in meat for half the year or more. We actually save a ton of money on our food bill by shopping this way.
    Anonymous

• No - I don't.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011