i seriously want to move out. i want my friggin house clean!!!!

we have a one bedroom apt. we have the bedroom and our infant daughter sleeps in her crib in the living room. i wake up every morning and there are cloths hanging out of his drawers, his dirty cloths from the previous day are on the floor, the laundry basket is literally just outside the bedroom door!!!! also just outside the bedroom is the bathroom where he leaves his cloths on the floor after he showers. i walk in the living room and his dishes are on the coffee table along with gum wrappers and there are more cloths on the floor. in the kitchen there is an empty cereal box on the counter with the trash can right next to it. i don't do mess and he knows that this stresses me out!!!!! i've talked to him. it's not hard to throw your cloths in the laundry basket, put your dishes in the sink, and trow your garbage away. every time we have this talk he says i'm nagging but you know what. i want a friggin clean house. i'd rather move out than wake up to this one more time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I am so sorry for what you must be going through. He has to understand you are crying our for help, and he needs to respect you. Try piling all his things in one pile- do not pick up or clean up anything. The more you pick up and clean after him the more this will not change. His gum wrappers are a little to the extreme if he cannot simply throw them away...lol. No wonder you are so frustrated. Although it may kill you not to pick up -leave that pile for him. Sooner or later he will be embarrassed and should see the pile as something that you always have to deal with. Let him see for himself that this is all his stuff, and hopefully he will learn from that. Wishing you luck..
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I know how you feel so this week I have just started to throw stuff out and clean up its too hard to be somewhere where your the only one who cares. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You mean clothes. Cloths are just pieces of fabric, unless your husband wears loincloths. LOL.

I get it though. I want to move out too. My hus doesn't know how to put things away. He tries, but then I can't find anything, and I want to scream.
    Anonymous

• My husband isn't too bad, but my kids will pull this kind of thing. I just go through the house and gather it all up, to me it's not a big deal.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have started throwing things in the trash. Hubby did the same thing with his clothes I have been telling him for years to pick up his dirty clothes. If he don't I throw shit away he get mad but I have been throwing less away since then so I guess he gets the point
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Well, walk over his clothes for a few days and when he doesnt have any clean underware you can explain to him that if he wants you to wash his laundry then he needs to do you a favor and put his clothes in the clothes basket. I would also tell him that with the baby getting bigger that little things like leaving dishes and other things where the baby can get to them. Other then that........he may not change and you may have to decide if this is worth leaving for.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i don't do his laundry. he does. i can't deal with them on the floor because i have serious ocd and i need everything clean and in order. he knows this. he's seen me cry over a messy house several times
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Do it yourself if it's that irritating to you. We live in a 1bedroom as well and with the cramped space, 3people, messes will easily overwhelm you because it's just right there, in plain sight, not going anywhere. I'd say just pick it up so you don't lose your mind, or get an extra hamper and throw all of his stuff in it: dirty clothes, clean clothes on the floor, dishes, lol everything, he'll get the hint. Get a hamper with a cover that way the stink doesn't leak everywhere.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i do pick it up every single day. there is never a day i don't pick up after him and i'm tired of it cause i've told him and he's seen me cry about it. this is why i'm at the point of wanting to move out. he refuses to change.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• i feel you. i've been putting up with it for almost 3 years now from my fiance. it is bs and it does bother me, he's a big boy he is well capable of simple things such as throwing away his garbage or picking up his clothes.. but i look at it this way.. he goes to work and i stay at home with our daughter, i'm not saying lets be old fashioned and make the women do all the household chores, but honestly i don't let it get to me as much anymore because he is a great provider, an awesome daddy and a wonderful man to me. i love him so much and as hard as it is sometimes, i always keep those thoughts in the back of my mind. you just gotta think, does the bad outweigh the good? if so, then leave! good luck sweetie!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2010