What do you keep in your trunk for winter?

We have extra blankets, our road emergency kit, some bottled water and granola bars for a just in case. I'm paranoid about stuff like this. Do you keep stuff in your trunk for winter?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 12:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I always have a blanket in my back seat. I know it sounds weird but I do.
    Currently our car is being worked on but when it gets out of the shop we are refilling our trunk.
    Jump Starter, some 5's and some 1's, oil, Water, I always have some type of food in the dash, I also have extra clothes for some reason. There's more, a jack, stuff I need to change a tire, even though I don't know how I am sure I could play damsel in distress and get some guy to help. LOL oh and an extra track phone is in my trunk.

Also, it only rains here, in California, so why I keep all of that stuff in my car, I guess I'm just a preparer.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• a couple blankets, a shovel, salt, deicer, an emergency road kit, spare gloves and hats, spare tire and kit to change it, also thermal outfits for all of my kids and me and SO. I tried the bottled water but they always end up frozen, so I took them out. I do have snacks though....

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• oh I forgot jumper cables but those are in there year round
    sheloveearth

• jumper cables, bag of salt, bag of kitty litter, folding shovel. Two heavy blankets, extra gloves, a box of granola bars and a six pack of water bottles.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• in the back of my van I keep some blankets, a couple of candles, matches, a list of family #'s, One of those window hammer/seat belt cutter tools, a box of kleenex, emergency road kit, water, snack foods, a couple of grocery bags for whatever. Extra wind sheild washer fluid as well as radiator fluid. and a couple of tools and a few road flares
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have a blanket, jumper cables...that's it though that lives in the back of my SUV. But I live in the Southeast....not much winter to need big supplies.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• nothing extra, we're in FL
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011