Do you buy used stuff for kids?

Do you buy alot of your kid's toys, clothes, etc used/secondhand? have you gotten them at thrift stores, online or free places? If so, please share at the bottom.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 1:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• yeah,all the time. Mostly Goodwill

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I havent but this lady at my job always do. Its a consignment store here for kids called kangaroo pouch
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 1:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Shoes, socks, underwear, NO. Toys...some, but not many. Clothes - yep, but not as many as I used to, as second hand is starting to cost almost as much as new (on sale plus coupons etc).
    Anonymous

• i love thrift stores! if the clothes are in good condition, why the hell not get them?! there is such thing as a washing machine and it saves you lots of money! i also love the uniqueness of things that you can find at a thrift store. i don't do all my shopping there, but it is fun to go look and lets face it, in this economy, we could all use the extra cash!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Quite often! With my first I was obsessed with buying all this nice stuff brand new and doing everything by the "book". With my second I started learning that bookoo, craigs list, and thrift stores were the greatest things ever invented!! They grow do fast and go through toys so fast that there is just simply no reason to throw all of that money down the drain.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Yes! I`m big on secondhand stores and consignment shops. Goodwill is ok but I prefer other shops.. wherever I move to I hunt them down and ask people where those shops are.. lol I also like yard saling.. hm.. I also buy in the off season to save money..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have gotten a couple things off of craigslist (swing, bouncer) and I'm really glad I did. The stuff was practically new looking and I hardly paid anything for it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• When the kids are due for new clothes the first places I hit are thrift stores. What I can't find in good condition there I buy new. We've bought an occasional toy there but not many.

Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have some good friends with kids about the same age and so we do trade off clothes often and toys too! we also have these great mom to mom sales around here that have some great deals
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have nothing against buying used clothes but find that I can often get new things cheaper by hitting the clearance racks, buying off season, etc. So I have bought some used but not much. Obviously, socks and underwear are always new. As for toys, no problem with that either as long as it's something we could wash/disinfect.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 1:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2010