what is my cycle length?

My period from november to december was exactly 30 days apart, but this one was only 27 days apart. When using an ovulation calculator do I count the 27 days or the 30 days?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 1:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• This is where charting comes in very handy. Most women aren't EXACTLY a set number of days apart in their cycles (if that sentence makes sense). Your best bet is checking your CM and basal temp to figure out when you're ovulating, and perhaps get a ferning scope, if you want it to be accurate. My periods are super irregular, so that's how I did it. We conceived the first month we tried!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Ovulation calculators are amoung the MOST inaccurate ways of guessing ovulation. Most women don't have an exact number. It's perfectly normal to be off by a day or two.

Learn to chart CM, CP and BBT to know when you ovulate.

You can learn about it in the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. The only "equipment" you need is a basal body thermometer which cost about 10 bucks in the store or a dollar on ebay.

I got pregnant the first try BOTH times I've charted. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant after 1 month of charting/trying.
    Anonymous