when to set up the crib?

My Husband & I are suck living in a bed room.
so is baby, so hubby wants to wait til baby to put up the crib,
but i want it up near valentines day, due march 17.
whe should we put up the crib.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is up to you. In Hungary it is bad luck to put thee crib on before the baby actually has been born. It is bad luck to celebrate something before it happens. But to be honest it is just up to the family. There is no written in stone rules for it:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• If that is where the baby is going to sleep first as opposed to a bassinet or pack & play, I'd do it by the end of Feb. I had my Sons room done 3 months before he was born but he slept in a bassinet next to me for about 3 months in my room before I put him in his own room.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I had my daughter's nursery completely set up for at least a month, before she was born. However, she didn't sleep in her room until she 4 months old. If you want to save the space, I'd wait.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Id wait! My dd didnt sleep in her crib til 5 mths when I bought her crib lol! It will let you have some more space for a little bit longer.
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 9:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010